There are two categories of enrolment at St Joseph's School, Preference and Non Preference:
Preference enrolment is granted by the Parish Priest. Criteria for Preference status includes:
- The child is baptised Catholic
- All other children in the family are baptised Catholic
- One or both parents are baptised Catholic
- A significant other is baptised Catholic (Grandparent / Godparent)
- Either parent is participating in the RCIA programme
It is therefore necessary to make an appointment with the Parish Priest at the earliest convenient time. The parish phone number is 07 855 6214. If your child has not been baptised at St Joseph's you will need to take a copy of their Baptismal Certificate.
Once the Parish Priest has issued you a Preference Card you will need to bring it to the school office. We will retain this for our records. A Preference Card is needed for each child.
Non Preference enrolment is limited to 5% of children on the school roll and is the responsibility of the Principal.
a) Up to 17 children with non-preference status may be on the school roll at any time.
b) Parents are able to place their child's name on a waiting list. Children will be offered placement as vacancies occur in accordance with the following guidelines;
1) siblings of existing non-preference students
2) students living within the parish boundary.
3) children of staff members
4) students living outside the schools parish boundary.
The date names are placed on the waiting list will define the priority within each of the above criteria.
All new enrolments will need to have the following documents, as well as our Enrolment Forms:
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Immunisation records
- Preference Card
If the child was not born in New Zealand you must provide evidence of New Zealand residency or work visa or student visa.
For more information on enrolments at St Joseph's School, please email or phone the school office.